Communications are essential between event organisers and your attendees. Right messages to right people helps the event running smoothly. EventXtra provide an Email Broadcasting feature which allows you to send specific messages to all or groups of attendees. Just a few steps to blast out your email messages.
1. Go to "Email/SMS" page.
Create an event after logging into EventXtra, find your event on the first page, then select "Email/SMS".
2. Select "Email" (right top corner).
If you would like to send out auto emails according to the registration submission of guests or the event date, you can setup Auto Emails and EventXtra platform will help to schedule and do the email sending.
Please do not switch on the on/off buttons in under "Auto Email" boxes if you don't want any auto email sent out to your attendees.
3. Choose a Template.
EventXtra has prepared basic emails template for your efficient email drafting.
Some web browsers or email tools may show a upset format in the message. Tick "Attach PDF as attachment" to attach a PDF file which shows the same look as you see in the preview.
4. Update the fields after Template selection.
You can customise the:
- Send From: Shown at the Sender Name.Default setting is "Account Name <email@example.com>".
- Reply-To: Any reply email will go to this email address.
- Recipients: Choose whom to get this email message.You can choose one of the item in the pull down menu, e.g. attendees in certain group.
- Subject: Subject line of the email message. The "event_name" is a merge tag which will show your event name set in Event Details.
5. Upload your event banner/ logo.
You can choose either an event banner or a logo for your email header.
6. Edit your email message.
The preview show the content of selected template. You can still edit the message and format to fit what you would like to tell your attendees.
An edit box will show up for your editing.
You can use "Source" to edit the email message with HTML codes.
"Add tags" are merge tags which help merging data from the attendee list, e.g. names and QR codes.
7. Send a test email to review.
Type in you email address to receive one sample email by clicking Test Send.
*Emails sent by "Test Send" feature will only use random data from the system. If you would like to try out the flow or test with real data, please set yourself as an attendee and send the email to you, which will deduct email quotas of your account.
8. Schedule the sending time.
There are 3 options:
- Save As Draft
- Send Now
- Schedule At (a certain date with a specific time).
Use "Save As Draft" to save an email draft so that you can find the draft on Email/SMS page for editing later.
9. Monitor the email sending status.
A statistic page will show up after the email has been sent. You can monitor the sending status here.
There will 3 colours in the column of status:
- Green: Sent successfully
- Red: Rejected by recipient's email sever or wrong email address
- Yellow: The inbox of recipients is full, the system will keep trying to send the email.
10. Check your email record.
Back to Email/SMS page, you can find the email records and do Preview, read Statistic, Copy the same draft out as for another email campaign and Delete that email record.