Set up discount codes to incentivize your past attendees or partners to make a purchase.
With discount codes, it helps you provide dynamic pricing to boost ticket sales, encourage early registration, use as a means to track the effectiveness of promotional campaigns, or provide to different partners to see which is great sales channel.
Create New Discount Code
In the promo code page, select "+ New Promo Code" and pick "Discount Code".
Set discount available
Now that you need to create a unique code with specific discount offered. To set up, you need to:
Create discount code name
There are two methods:
- Enter manually to create unique code for specific attendee or group.
- Import from CSV to create multiple codes with same discount type for multiple attendees or groups or marketing channels. This is great for tracking the use of codes to know who are your event promotors and which marketing channels.
- For example, you want to provide 20% off discount to 50 partners. You can import a csv with 50 discount code names.
Set discount code rate
Enter the percentage of total price you would like to offer. For example, you want to provide 20% off. Then you need to enter 80. The discount is applied to entire order.
Limit number of uses
Number of uses allows you to set limit on use of discount codes. You can make it either:
- Unlimited such that everyone can use it.
- Limited such that a quota on discount code is applied. For example, you want to offer one-off discount to particular VIP. You can set number of uses as 1.
Set available time
To match with your marketing campaign, you may want to provide discount within certain time only.
Discount code can be started immediately or specific date and time.
The availability can be forever or within certain period of time. In most cases, we recommend you to set an end time for your promo code as giving a sense of urgency encourages people to make a purchase.